Web Specialist I
Thanks for your interest in applying for the Web Specialist I position at Made for You Media. We are looking for a candidate for this full time position that has the skills that we need, and can support our team from Monday-Friday, 10am to 6pm (GMT-5).
The Web Specialist for Made for You Media plays an important role in the creation and maintenance of website design projects. As a Web Specialist I, your role is to assist the production team in the creation of WordPress websites, updating and adding new content based on customer needs, and performing necessary site maintenance (plugin and theme updates, etc.). This role allows you to leverage and develop your skills in the creative side of launching an effective website as well as the technical side of delivering an efficient, stable and secure website.
- Performing regular site maintenance (updates to WordPress core, themes and plugins)
- Performing website content updates and deletions as required
- Monitoring automated backups
- Designing and building niche and genre websites in WordPress
- Creation and editing of graphics/images (stock photos, logos, screenshots)
- Developing an expert level understanding of our regularly used plugins and themes.
- Documenting and demonstrate knowledge of procedures
- Participating in Daily Team Status Call
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE THESE SKILLS
- Highly organized, detail-oriented with the ability to follow directions
- Ability to leverage outside resources and out of the box thinking to find solutions to issues that are undocumented
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to brainstorm possible solutions
- Demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem-solving
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE THAT WILL BE EVALUATED IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- Strong experience in working with WordPress
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, MySQL databases, FTP
- Knowledge of Google Chrome Developer tools and familiarity with cross-browser issues.
- Familiarity with Gravity Forms
- Demonstrated familiarity with two or more of the following:
Beaver Builder, Elementor, Thrive Architect
- Well skilled in using Adobe Creative Suite applications or in using GIMP and Inkscape
This is a permanent position with a starting salary range of $27500 PHP and $32000 PHP, depending on skill and experience. After a 3-month probation period, it will include paid time off and health insurance contribution.